Discover the secret to achieving perfectly crispy roasted cauliflower with our step-by-step guide. Learn how to prep, season, and roast cauliflower to perfection plus 11 crispy cauliflower recipes.
These great recipes make it very easy to eat your veggies!
- How to Select and Store Cauliflower
- What You Need
- How To Get Your Cauliflower Crispy
- 11 Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Recipes
- Roasted Cauliflower and Asparagus with Carrots
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe--Tastes Like Chicken!
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Cheese
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Olive Oil
- Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks with Parmesan
- Roasted Cauliflower and Asparagus Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Brown Butter
- Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Cabbage and Cauliflower Salad
- Simple Roasted Cauliflower
- If You Like Roasted Veggies, Try These Recipes:
- "📖 Recipe"
- Roasted Cauliflower
How to Select and Store Cauliflower
At the grocery store, select cauliflower heads that have clean, tightly packed white florets, with no brown or wet spots.
Look for cauliflower with crisp, green leaves, as brown spots might indicate the presence of mold, which should be avoided.
STORAGE: Take the cauliflower out of its packaging and store it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Unwashed cauliflower can be kept fresh in your refrigerator's crisper drawer for up to 5 days.
What You Need
There are hundreds of variations of roasted cauliflower. They all start with:
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How To Get Your Cauliflower Crispy
- Wash and Dry the Cauliflower: Start by thoroughly drying the cauliflower florets. Excess moisture can make the cauliflower steam instead of roast, which will result in a softer texture. Use a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to pat the cauliflower dry.
- Cut Uniformly: Cut the cauliflower into uniform-sized florets. This ensures even cooking, so you don't end up with some pieces undercooked and others overcooked.
- Use High Heat: Preheat your oven to a high temperature, about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, 204 degrees Celsius. The high heat helps to crisp up the cauliflower quickly.
- Toss with Oil: Drizzle the cauliflower florets with olive or avocado oil, and toss them to ensure they are evenly coated. The oil helps with browning and crisping.
- Use a Large Baking Sheet: Spread the cauliflower evenly on a baking sheet in a single layer. Crowding the pan can cause the cauliflower to steam rather than roast. Use a large enough sheet pan or two, if necessary. Make sure the cauliflower pieces are not too close to each other. Overcrowding can lead to steaming and soggy cauliflower.
- Serve Immediately: For the crispiest roasted cauliflower, serve the cauliflower immediately. It can lose some of its crispiness as it cools.
11 Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Recipes
Try these easy roasted cauliflower recipes. From savory and spicy to sweet and tangy, there's a cauliflower dish to satisfy every palate. Elevate your meals with these creative roasted cauliflower recipes for dinner tonight.
Roasted Cauliflower and Asparagus with Carrots
This recipe is very crispy! Cauliflower, asparagus, and carrots are all roasted on a single sheet pan and seasoned with fresh herbs.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots
Cauliflower is oven-roasted alongside carrots and whole garlic cloves to create a delectably crispy side dish.
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe--Tastes Like Chicken!
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites make a tasty appetizer. They taste like chicken wings, but they're plant-based and low-carb.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Cheese
This oven-roasted cauliflower salad is a low-carb take on classic potato salad, featuring roasted cauliflower with bacon, cheddar, sour cream, and green onions for flavor.
Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Olive Oil
Slow-roasted cauliflower and garlic create a tasty, nutritious, and low-carb option for your meal, perfect as a main course or side dish.
Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks with Parmesan
Crispy cauliflower steaks are thick slices of cauliflower. They are air-fried until crispy and golden. The vegetarian dish resembles traditional steak for those looking to enjoy a meatless meal.
Roasted Cauliflower and Asparagus Salad
A delicious and light roasted cauliflower salad with asparagus, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Brown Butter
A side dish featuring cauliflower that's been oven-roasted and drizzled with rich, nutty brown butter. Seasoned with capers, lemon, and walnuts.
Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower
If your air fryer is available, there's no need to go near the oven. The crispy side dish is lightly seasoned and ready in just 15 minutes!
Roasted Cabbage and Cauliflower Salad
A Mediterranean dish featuring roasted cabbage, cauliflower, and chickpeas is paired with feta, dates, and pistachios. All drizzled with a sweet tahini dressing for a blend of textures and flavors that you're going to love!
Simple Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted, or baked cauliflower, with salt and pepper, is the easiest way to make this terrific dish. This is the same stuff that's on the salad bar at Whole Foods Market!
If You Like Roasted Veggies, Try These Recipes:
- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic
- Delicious Roasted Asparagus
- How to Roast Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots
- Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Arugula
- Oven Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- Oven Roasted Acorn Squash with Pumpkin Pie Spice
These easy recipes range from savory and spicy to sweet and tangy, there's a cauliflower dish to satisfy every palate.
Make dinnertime special and elevate your meals with these creative cauliflower recipes today!
A cup of roasted cauliflower has about 160 calories.
You can serve with quinoa or pasta with roasted cauliflower for a vegan meal. For some extra protein, try our favorite Roasted Best Ever Lemon Basil Chicken for your main course.
Children adore roasted cauliflower. I believe vegetables are more flavorful when prepared this way, with cauliflower being a prime example. For a sweeter twist, consider our recipe for Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots, a sure hit with the little ones.
- 1 small to medium cauliflower broken into 2" pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim off the green leaves and stems from the cauliflower. Detach the florets and cut through the base of each one to create smaller florets. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add oil, salt, pepper, and toss with your hands until all the cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes, tossing cauliflower and rotating pan halfway through cooking.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for about five minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.