Gluten Free Breadsticks are 30 minutes away with this easy recipe made with Simple Mills Almond Flour Baking Mix and "Everything Bagel" seasoning. These yeast-free breadsticks are the perfect complement to your morning eggs, big bowl salads, and savory dinners.
Simple Mills Baking Mix is produced with almond flour, arrowroot, flaxseeds, tapioca, salt, and baking soda. It is certified gluten-free, free from yeast, soy, sugar, dairy, and a very popular mix for the Paleo and Kaufmann Phase One Diets.
What You Need
To make the breadsticks, all you have to do is add water, eggs, apple cider vinegar, and oil to the mix. I rolled the dough into sticks and then scattered "Everything Bagel" seasoning on top. The pan went in the oven and in ten minutes, the kitchen smelled like a bagel store.
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Baking Mix
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Everything Bagel Seasoning (in the spice aisle)
- Pinch of salt
How to Make the Dough
Follow the Flatbread Directions on the Back of the Box
Whisk eggs, water, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
Next, add the baking mix; combine well. Stir in vinegar.
Let the dough sit 4 minutes (it will thicken).
How To Make Your Breadsticks Uniform
To get the breadsticks the same size so they bake evenly, use a kitchen scale. Of course you can eyeball them, but I enjoy using the scale. The dough weighs roughly 16-ounces which you can divide by 6 to get 2.66 ounces for each breadstick.
Make an Egg Wash
To get the "everything bagel" seasoning to stick to the dough, you can make an egg wash by beating an egg yolk with tablespoon of water and a pinch of salt. (If you're in a big rush, you can skip this step.)
How to Bake The Breadsticks
With moist hands, roll each ball into a log of roughly the same length and width and place them on a sheet pan. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on the top of each breadstick. Generously sprinkle the bagel seasoning on top of each one.
What's a Good Substitute for Everything Bagel Seasoning?
For different flavors, you can use poppy seeds, roasted sesame seeds, toasted onion or toasted garlic seasoning. You can even try whole flaxseeds. They are all found in the spice aisle at your grocery store.
What Goes with Gluten Free Breadsticks?
My favorite way to enjoy the breadsticks is with Kerrygold salted butter. These homemade gluten-free breadsticks are a great replacement for crackers or bread and butter with your meals.
These breadsticks pair well with breakfast, lunch, and can be a great addition to your evening bread basket. I wish they'd put them on the table in a restaurant!
Gluten Free Breadsticks
- 1 box Simple Mills Almond Flour Baking Mix
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoon oil (olive oil, grapeseed, or other neutral oil)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup everything bagel seasoning mix
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk eggs, water, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Simple Mills baking mix; combine well and then stir in vinegar.
- Let dough sit 4 minutes (it will thicken).
TO MAKE THE BREADSTICKS
- Divide the raw dough into 6 equal pieces. If you have a kitchen scale, you can weight the dough, each piece will weigh approximately 2.66 ounces.
- Roll each ball into a log of roughly the same length and width. Place on baking sheet.
- Make an egg wash by mixing an egg yolk with a tablespoon of water and a pinch of salt. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on top of each breadstick.
- Scatter the everything bagel over each breadstick.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 12 minutes. When they are done, there should be cracks on the top of each breadstick.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Enjoy!
The nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and it comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate information, these figures are estimates only.