I've been on every diet and eating plan out there! The Kaufmann Phase 1 Diet from Doug Kaufmann of Know the Cause, is my very favorite diet. If you want to get healthy (who doesn't want to get healthy?) this could be the eating plan you need to follow.
The Kaufmann Phase 1 Diet eliminates wheat, most dairy products, commercially raised meats, peanuts (very bad for you), corn (really bad for you), toxic oils (canola, corn, vegetable), sugar (feeds all the bugs in your belly), mushrooms, soy, and a few other things.
In their place, you'll eating lots of fresh vegetables, meats from pasture-raised animals (no grains and antibiotics), healthy fats, and fish that were swimming freely in our lakes and oceans.
I live in Key Largo, Florida, and we have tons of fish here! Many of my recipes call for seafood because in the Keys, we catch them and cook 'em! Talk about a local food supply!
Try the Phase 1 diet for a few weeks. You have nothing to lose (except aches and pain, anxiety, your ugly toenail fungus, and a few bad habits). For the full story about why Phase One works, check out Kaufmann Phase One Diet.
These are my latest recipes. If you have any special requests, email me!
Phase 1 Appetizers & Starters
Phase 1 Soups & Salads
Phase 1 Main Courses
- Air Fryer Snapper with Cauliflower | Key West Recipe
- Pan Seared Mahimahi with Basil Butter
- Roasted Yellowtail Snapper with Old Bay
- Juicy Poached Chicken Breasts
- Blackened Shrimp with Butter Sauce Recipe
- Paleo Chicken Fajitas
- Florida Keys Stone Crabs
- Green Mussels Recipe
- Fresh Blackened Swordfish (Florida Keys)
- Pan Seared Chicken Breasts
- Seared Yellowfin Tuna with Sesame Sauce
- My Favorite Lemon Basil Roasted Chicken
- Pan Fried Yellowtail Snapper
Phase 1 Sides
- Roasted Broccoli and Carrots
- The Best Roasted Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots
- Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic
- Buckwheat with Onions Recipe (grain-free)
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Simple Oven Roasted Broccoli
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Oven Roasted Bell Peppers
- Sautéed Tomatoes with Shallots
- Crispy Oven Roasted Broccoli and Garlic
- How to Roast Brussels Sprouts